Washington Concert Opera Staff
- Artistic Director & Conductor: Antony Walker
- Executive Director: Nancy E. Petrisko
- Administrative Assistant: Adrianne Eby
- Development Assistant: Jessica Malcom
- Marketing Assistant: Whitney Diamond
- Head Volunteer: Sheridan Harvey
- Chorus Contractor: Douglas Dykstra
- Orchestra Contractor: Pamela Lassell
More about Nancy E. Petrisko…
Nancy is a dynamic leader in arts management who applies her experience, creativity and skill to bring organizations to new levels of performance. She is best at surmounting complex organizational and fundraising challenges and enjoys supporting critical issues of all types. Her accomplishments include: successful financial turnaround, establishing critical data systems, effective strategic alliances, expanded audience development, programming and partnership initiatives, and significant fundraising results.
She has held major positions on both coasts with BlackRock Center for the Arts, Washington Performing Arts Society, Washington National Opera, San Francisco Symphony, San Francisco Opera, San Francisco Performances and Vocal Arts Society. She has served in capacities of CEO, Operations Director, Artistic Director and Marketing/Fundraising specialist. In addition, she was an adjunct professor at American University for a decade, teaching courses in nonprofit management, fundraising, and financial management.
She is a peer reviewer for the Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations’ “Standards of Excellence” certification and a founding member of the Maryland Arts Presenters Network. She has served on funding panels throughout the mid-Atlantic region.
Nancy holds a M.A. in Classics from the University of California, Santa Barbara and Nonprofit Executive Certification from the University of San Francisco.
LOOKING FOR A SPECIAL EVENT INTERN
Status: Part-Time UNPAID internship; January 2015 – May 2015
Reports To: Operations Manager and Development Manager
The Organization: Washington Concert Opera is a 28 year-old non-profit organization that presents two opera productions in concert format each year in Lisner Auditorium (on the campus of George Washington University). In addition, WCO provides education and outreach programs for the community and holds special fundraising events.
Overview of Position: This position is central to WCO’s annual fundraising gala. Main focus will be the silent auction with other duties as assigned. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who is highly organized, a fast learner, and who enjoys the performing arts. Some weekend and evening work required.
• Research potential silent auction donations
• Assist staff in preparing solicitation letters to identified donors and prospects
• Follow up—by phone and through email—with assigned prospects for donated items
• Track incoming, donated items/donors/values in the Patron Manager database system
• Prepare/send out acknowledgements to auction donors and track mailings in donor database
• Help with set up and running the silent auction during the event
• Collaborate and communicate with Executive Director, Development Manager, Operations Manager, and Gala Committee
- Excellent communication skills
- Past experience or course work in fundraising, ideally for a nonprofit arts organization
- Keen attention to detail
- Outgoing personality
- Preferred: genuine interest in music, preferably opera
Hours: 10-15 hours per week