Washington Concert Opera Staff
- Artistic Director & Conductor: Antony Walker
- Executive Director: Nancy E. Petrisko
- Administrative Assistant: Adrianne Eby
- Development Assistant: Melanie Ashkar
- Marketing Assistant: Whitney Diamond
- Subscriptions/Ticketing: Sheridan Harvey
- Production Manager: Peggy Dahlquist
- Chorus Contractor: Douglas Dykstra
- Orchestra Contractor: Pamela Lassell
More about Nancy E. Petrisko…
Nancy is a dynamic leader in arts management who applies her experience, creativity and skill to bring organizations to new levels of performance. She is best at surmounting complex organizational and fundraising challenges and enjoys supporting critical issues of all types. Her accomplishments include: successful financial turnaround, establishing critical data systems, effective strategic alliances, expanded audience development, programming and partnership initiatives, and significant fundraising results.
She has held major positions on both coasts with BlackRock Center for the Arts, Washington Performing Arts Society, Washington National Opera, San Francisco Symphony, San Francisco Opera, San Francisco Performances and Vocal Arts Society. She has served in capacities of CEO, Operations Director, Artistic Director and Marketing/Fundraising specialist. In addition, she was an adjunct professor at American University for a decade, teaching courses in nonprofit management, fundraising, and financial management.
She is a peer reviewer for the Maryland Association of Nonprofit Organizations’ “Standards of Excellence” certification and a founding member of the Maryland Arts Presenters Network. She has served on funding panels throughout the mid-Atlantic region.
Nancy holds a M.A. in Classics from the University of California, Santa Barbara and Nonprofit Executive Certification from the University of San Francisco.
Event Planning and Development Intern
Status: Part-time unpaid internship; January 2014 – June 2014
Reports To: Development and Administrative Assistants
Overview of Position: Assist in planning and executing a major fundraising event to take place May 15, 2014. It is a perfect opportunity for someone who is highly organized, a fast learner, and who enjoys the performing arts. Some weekend and evening work required.
• Coordinate invitations, promotional materials and programs.
• Provide data entry for guest registration and seating information.
• Manage event staff and volunteers.
• Assist with logistics of the event.
• Insure the special events content on the website and social media sites are updated.
• Assist with donor acknowledgement and guest follow-up.
• Other duties as assigned.
The Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Professional demeanor and positive attitude.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Some coursework or experience in event planning and/or donor development.
• Facility with donor database software (preferably eTapestry).
• Russian language skills a plus.
Hours: 20 – 25 hours per week.